The history of The Sign
Good Literature, Good Writers, Good Illustrations, Skilful Editing
The Sign has a long and illustrious history. The magazine was first published by A R Mowbray & Co. in 1905. It was then taken over by Hymns Ancient & Modern in 1989.
The magazine today also includes Homewords, a parish magazine founded by Charles Bullock, Rector of St Nicholas, Worcester, in 1871. It merged with The Sign in 2009.
The Sign was relaunched in January 2015 with a complete redesign, new content and a new website.